Innovation & Excellence in laying the foundation.
VEC’s pile driving capability ensures efficiency, reliability and cost effectiveness for our clients.
VEC is the leading manufacturer in Tasmania of both prestressed concrete piles and conventionally reinforced concrete piles. Our equipment and services include:
- A state-of-the-art Junttan pile rig:
- The Junttan drives concrete, steel & timber piles up to 18m; and
- Features rotary auger unit for pre-drilling.
- 2 x Volvo 29 tonne excavator mounted piling rigs with a variable hammer weight:
- Easy conversion to cranes & excavators for site preparation & cleanup; and
- All machines are capable of driving timber, steel & concrete piles.
- A Side Grip Vibratory Hammer.
- Splices that can be used to enable the driving of longer piles where required.
- A pile design service (including pile splices).
- The capability to perform in-house Pile Driving Analyser (PDA) testing and analysing using the CAPWAP® software.
VEC also has the capability of driving Sheet Piles (a row of piles driven side by side to retain earth or prevent seepage). Difficult ground conditions of the construction site can result in complex situations. We have proven in the past that we are able to overcome such challenges by developing methods for piling vinyl sheet piles successfully, as soft piles may not be rigid enough to penetrate through, for example, random scrap material.
Our versatile piling plant & equipment and in-house engineering allows our team to build the right foundations for your infrastructure.