The project team completed the project within budget, and two weeks before the original date for Practical Completion. The client complimented the professional project team for working together with the Supervisor and providing appropriate expertise to the project.
Traffic Management was a challenging aspect of this project, as during laying the asphalt, the crew had to keep the pavement in good condition under traffic.
Safety was of high standard, with the VEC systems implemented to ensure Plant Checklists and Plant Risk assessments etc. are checked on each machine. VEC also implemented some features for the public, like an access to the parking area under the bridge at Kate Reid park, which was used by bike riders and commuters.
This project entailed the following scope of works:
- Clearing and grubbing;
- Surface and subsoil drainage;
- Saw cutting;
- Supply and placement of pavement base and sub base;
- Reclaiming pavement materials;
- Supply and placement of bituminous surfacing;
- Installation of traffic facilities including pavement marking
- Stormwater works;
- Existing services relocation;
- Installation of retaining structures;
- Traffic management; and
- Sundry minor works.