The overall objective was to provide safe transport of HPV/HML vehicles on Mathinna Plains Road and on Evercreech Road through the replacement of these bridges. All Bridges founded on Steel piles with a mixture of precast and insitu concrete elements and asphalt surfacing. The project was delivered on time and budget.
The specific objectives of the contract were to:
- Design new single lane concrete bridges to SM1600 traffic loading in accordance with the requirements of AS5100 including the required design checks;
- Provide durable replacement bridges, with minimum maintenance requirements during their service life;
- Complete all construction activities associated with the construction of the new single lane bridges, including: foundations, abutments, piers, decks, fences, and guardrail transitions to approach rails.
- Provide Bridge approaches including any stabilisation required to offer erosion protection to the bridge abutments and road approaches, and clearing in the event of overtopping and debris build up
- Safely remove old bridges;
- Have minimal impact on the existing waterways and conform to legislative and regulation requirements, and any environmental protection notices issued by relevant authorities;
- Improve road safety;
- To carry out the construction works with zero harm to workers engaged on the project;
- Minimal disruption to the public during construction activities.
- All temporary works and associated design that may be required to carry out the construction activities; and
- Preparation, implementation and maintenance of all required temporary traffic management required to carry out and complete the construction activities.